Commercial Helicopter Pilot Cost $105,500.00
This is our full program designed to take a student with little or no experience through to becoming a commercially licensed pilot able to pursue an occupation in the commercial helicopter industry. This program requires full time attendance and takes 5 to 6 months to complete. Students must be 18 or older and have a minimum of grade 12 or equivalent or have mature student status (19 years of age and out of school for at least one year). All students must have the ability to acquire a category 1 medical certificate before being accepted into our program. The commercial program includes:
100 hours of flight time including Dual/Solo training. Flight time includes:
- Familiarization – Preparation for flight;
- Effects of controls including airspeed changes, straight and level flight, climbs and descents and turns;
- Takeoff and landing;
- In flight emergencies;
- Auto-rotations into the wind, 180°, 360°;
- Advanced takeoff/landing;
- Operations flying including long-lining; advance hover, etc.
80 hours of ground school including:
- Bell 206 helicopter study which includes flight controls, engine, transmission, rotor systems, operating limitations, performance, center of gravity, emergency procedures, briefings on air exercises and flight safety;
- Air Law;
- General Aviation;
- Theory of Flight
Please Note: Our commercial helicopter pilot training program is limited to a small number of students each year. This ensures that our instructors can spend the necessary one on one time required with each student as they acquire the skills, ability and knowledge to become successful and safe working pilots.